12th June 2018: Emtelle UK Limited, a leading global manufacturer of blown fibre and ducted network solutions for the telecommunications industry, today announces that it has commenced proceedings for patent infringement in the UK High Court against (1) Hexatronic UK Limited, (2) Hexatronic Cable & Interconnect Systems AB and (3) Hexatronic AB (“Hexatronic”).
Emtelle claims that Hexatronic’s air blown fibre products, including Ribbonet air blown fibre, ABF Ultra and Stingray, infringe Emtelle’s UK patents GB2409908 and GB2409909 (“the Patents”), covering signal transmitting cable.
In this UK patent infringement case against the noted Hexatronic companies, Emtelle claims:
- An injunction to restrain Hexatronic from infringing the Patents.
- An order that all infringing products which are in the possession, custody or control of Hexatronic be delivered to Emtelle or, at Emtelle’s option, that such infringing products be destroyed at the expense of Hexatronic.
- An inquiry as to damages for the infringement of the Patents, alternatively, at Emtelle’s option, an account of profits.
- Payment of all sums found due upon taking such inquiry or account together with interest.
- An order that, at Hexatronic’s expense, appropriate measures are taken for the dissemination and publication of any judgment or order made in the case.
Emtelle is a leading company at the forefront of innovation in blown fibre and ducted solutions. It has invested heavily in product development over many years to bring innovation and whole life cost savings to its customers in the Telecoms industry.
Emtelle, with its Headquarters in Hawick, Scotland, and its four manufacturing plants across the UK, Denmark and Germany, is a global leader in the manufacturing and supply of blown fibre and ducted solutions since its inception in 1981. Emtelle has assisted many of the key players with FTTH roll-outs in around 100 countries around the world over the 36 years it has been operating. Its emphasis is on listening to customer requirements and designing innovative and unique products and solutions to meet the needs of customers FTTH projects. At the same time, it focuses on creating best value, reducing total project costs and minimizing installation time and disruption. Emtelle’s recent investment of more than €30 million in its European factory plants underpins this commitment.