The Blown Fibre Intelligent Airstone from Emtelle is a remote tool that saves time and money on blowing fibre.
Traditionally, for installing fibre, it’s a 2 man job – 1 installer at the beginning of the route blowing the fibre, and another at the far end to receive the fibre. This tool eradicates the need for a 2 man job, meaning the Intelligent Airstone can be placed at the end of the route to provide the installer with confirmation on the air flow and the fibre via a simple phonecall.
The tool calls the installer to confirm that:
The air flow has been detected from the correct microduct
The fibre has arrived at the end of the route
What are the Benefits of the Intelligent Airstone?
- Compact, lightweight & easily stored
- Easy to set up & configure with mobile phone
- Easy to use
- Halves the man power needed for installs
- Saves time – no need to walk to the end of the route to see if fibre has arrived
- Battery can last up to 2 weeks during normal use
- Suitable for use with microducts up to a 4mm bore
How do you use the Intelligent Airstone?
- Switch Intelligent Airstone power on
- Register a mobile phone
- Plug in the microduct
- Turn on the air
- Receive call from the Intelligent Airstone →“Air detected”
- Blow the fibre
- Receive call from the Intelligent Airstone → “Fibre has arrived”
- Automatic power down
To see how easy it is to action the steps above, watch the below video.
For more information on the Intelligent Airstone, please contact your regional sales manager here