235 people already work for Emtelle in our sites in Jedburgh and Hawick. Why not consider a job with Emtelle? All of our staff enjoy excellent working conditions, competitive salaries, extensive training opportunities and the use of state of the art equipment.
Our aim is to promote good employment practice. This will be achieved by encouraging staff to maximise their potential and to deliver quality services in the most efficient manner, through investment in training and development and the provision of employee benefits.
If you are interested in a position at Emtelle, please contact our HR Manager, Phil Groom at PhilG@emtelle.com or telephone +44(0)7912327870 Emtelle Application Form. You can either email the completed form to Phil Groom, or post it to:
Emtelle UK Limited
Hawick TD9 8LF
We currently are recruiting in the following roles:
Graduate Solutions & Sales Engineer
Job Title: Graduate Solutions & Sales Engineer
Department: Solutions Team
Vacancy Code: CK01
Closing Date: End of July 2019. Early application is encouraged
An exciting vacancy has arisen within the Emtelle Solutions team who are responsible for driving innovative solutions from concept through design, manufacturing, testing, then ultimately to market.
Working predominantly within the European sectors of the business and specifically with Emtelle Duct, Microduct accessories to broaden our range of solutions; the role involves working closely with Sales personnel, Customers, technical personnel and all other depts. within Emtelle, and covers a variety of functions.
Main functions are to provide product management, formation of product solutions, technical support, and assist the business with the development and introduction of new products.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Product Management.
- Product Design and Development in conjunction with customers, suppliers and sales personnel.
- Working closely with internal personnel and responsible for the integration of materials, methods, and tools necessary to introduce new products into the company product portfolio.
- Working closely with sales personnel providing product support where necessary, this will involve travel throughout the UK and occasional foreign travel.
- Establish and maintain customer relationships and assisting them to resolve their product challenges.
- Technical Sales: costing & quotes including technical feasibility, quality requirements, tolerances & datasheets
- Technical advice point of contact for customers and major stakeholders
- Preparation of customer facing literature.
- Research and development of new products and marketplaces. And testing to ensure Emtelle satisfaction
- Strong academic background in a relevant engineering discipline. Polymer and telecommunications related subjects being of relevance but not essential.
- Strong communication and influencing skills.
- Demonstrable ability to effectively manage a simultaneous range of diverse activities.
- Be a self-starter with good motivational and inter-personal skills.
- A Practical level-headed individual with strong technical ability.
- A structured approach to problem solving based on the utilisation of data.
- Familiarity with product management techniques.
- Relies on ability and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- A wide degree of latitude is provided and the ability to operate under own initiative and with creativity is expected.
- Strong communication skills in written and spoken English.
- Full Drivers Licence.
- Bachelor’s Degree in (or equivalent) in Product, Polymer, Manufacturing or Mechanical Engineering (or equivalent experience in a related technical field).
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; must have the ability to communicate effectively and project a professional image when giving and taking information in writing and in person.
- Demonstrate strong inter-departmental communication and cooperation skills.
- Must have strong technical, communication and extensive problem-solving skills.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. The statements should not be construed as an exhausted list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. There may be additional duties outside the normal responsibilities to be performed as needed.
Whilst it would be desirable to have a candidate with all the stipulated experiences, training will be provided for the right candidate who may not have experience in particular areas.
Job Title: Planning Administrator
Department: Planning Department
Vacancy Code: DR01
Closing Date: 20th July 2019
The Planning Administrators position is an integral part of the Planning team. Working in a fast-moving environment you will be expected to make key decisions and work well with limited supervision. A high level of computer literacy will be required to maintain databases and department documentation. Working in a small but key department excellent communication skills with both internal and external sources will be a pre-requisite of any successful applicant. This is a rewarding position with a varied and challenging remit.
- Help Maintain and implement Planning procedures for MRP.
- Upgrade product information to aid MRP and stock control.
- Ensure high level of internal / external communication and service levels.
- On time delivery from Supplier
- Ensure all orders have acknowledgements
- On time booking in of manufactured items with production.
- Maintenance of work orders, clearing system of obsolete orders.
- Ensuring accuracy of all aspects of information regarding items manufactured
- Liaise with other department to align business strategies
- Control maintain, monitor and record levels and usage’s
- Assist with improvement planning.
- Improve Supplier response time and information against non-conformances.
- Cover other areas of planning during holiday periods.
- Review departmental records and update as necessary.
- Assist with collation of information for reports on planning department activities.
- Assist with specification upgrade and implementation
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate on a sustained basis in their employment the following.
- A high standard of proficiency in administration.
- The ability to organise, count and record material.
- Adherence in following both written and verbal work instructions.
- Communicate processes and method devised
- To communicate clearly with existing and potential external partners and to other staff at Emtelle, in respect to activities processes and methodologies employed in the department.
- Highly self-motivated, disciplined and organised.
- Time Management, they will deliver a high and sustained standard of attendance and timekeeping.
- Focussed on cost management.
- National 5 or above in Mathematics or to a demonstrable equivalent standard: Essential
- National 5 or above in English or to a demonstrable equivalent standard: Essential
- Relevant experience in a comparable environment and disciplines: Desirable
- Computer literacy in MS Office Products and MRP systems: Desirable
- Ability to accurately follow written instructions and processes: Essential
- Sense of urgency in completing tasking to required targets in terms of output quality and time.
- Ability to work as part of a team: Essential
- Ability to respond to instructions given as part of the purchasing process: Essential
- Ability to communicate effectively with fellow colleagues: Essential
- Ability to communicate effectively with and respond effectively to Supervision: Essentia
Full Training will be given in our systems and procedures.
HOURS OF WORK
08.00 to 16:30 Monday to Friday with 30 minutes for lunch (40-hour week)
HOW TO APPLY FOR THESE ROLES
Application Forms and Job descriptions are available at reception in our Hawick Office or Jedburgh Office or by email from email@example.com.
The person(s) we appoint will able to demonstrate in their application (in addition to what they would personally bring to the role) that they have an existing and sustained unrestricted right to work in the UK.
Completed forms should be submitted to (Quoting the Relevant Vacancy Reference Number(s):
Phil Groom, HR Manager, Emtelle,
Haughhead, Hawick, TD9 8LF.
Gender Pay Reporting
In accordance with our obligations we report the following statistics in relation to Gender Pay based on our snapshot date of 05/04/2018
- Mean Gender Pay Gap in Hourly Pay
- Mean Female Hourly Pay is £0.47 less than Mean Male Hourly Pay, therefore a Mean Gender Pay Gap for Females of 3%
- Median Gender Pay Gap in Hourly Pay
- There is 0% difference in Median Hourly Pay for Female versus Male Employees
- Mean Bonus Gender Pay Gap
- Female Employees Mean Bonus Pay is 27.6% less than Male Employees Mean Bonus Pay
- Median Bonus Gender Pay Gap
- Female Employees Median Bonus Pay is 12.1% less than Male Employees Median Bonus Pay
- Proportion of Males and Females receiving a bonus payment
- 93% of Females received a Bonus versus 95% of Males
- Proportion of Males and Females in each pay quartile
- Upper Quartile = 89% Male and 11% Female
- Upper Middle Quartile = 82% Male and 18% Female
- Lower Middle Quartile = 96% Male and 4% Female
- Lower Quartile = 88% Male and 12% Female